Costco Dream Vacation Package Contest
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The “Dream Vacation Package” contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. (the “Sponsor” or “Costco”), 415 West Hunt Club Road, Ottawa, ON K2E 1C5. The Contest administrator is Launchfire Interactive, Inc., 22 Hamilton Avenue North, Ottawa, ON K1Y 1B6 (the “Contest Administrator” or “Launchfire”).
The Contest begins at 9:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on May 6, 2019 and closes at 02:59:59 a.m. EST on July 1st 2019 (the “Contest Period”). For the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest, the Contest Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device.
Subject to the eligibility requirements set out herein, in order to enter the Contest, you must:
- 1) be a Canadian Costco member in good standing as of April 22, 2019;
- 2) be a legal resident of Canada; and,
- 3) have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence.
Persons entering the Contest (“Entrants” and each an “Entrant”) may be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility, and/or proof that they are the authorized Costco member of the Costco membership associated with their Contest registration as described below (a “Contest Registration”). All entries are subject to verification. Entries will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
Employees, representatives and agents of Costco, Launchfire and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Contest, participate in the Contest, or to win a Prize (defined below), nor are any persons who reside or are domiciled in the same household as an employee, representative or agent of the Contest Parties. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Costco’s Dream Vacation Contest Official Contest Rules (the “Contest Rules”) are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Sponsor. This Contest is intended to be conducted in Canada only. The Contest is null and void where prohibited by law.
All personal information and any other information requested by and/or supplied to Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Contest Registration or Entrant, in its sole discretion, should any Contest Registration or Entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal information and/or any other information.
How to Enter:
Access the Contest Website
The Contest Website can be accessed in any of the following ways:
- by visiting www.winadreamvacation.ca (the “Contest Website”);
- by clicking on a Contest link/banner in an email from Costco or sent on behalf of Costco that will take you to the Contest Website;
- by clicking on a Contest link/banner on www.costco.ca that will take you to the Contest Website; or,
- by visiting Costco’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CostcoCanada and clicking on a Contest link/banner that will take you to the Contest Website.
Submit Your Contest Registration
In order to submit a valid Contest Registration, you will be prompted as follows:
To provide your personal information, including your:
- Full name;
- E-mail address;
- Phone number; and,
- Costco Membership Number;
- To create a password for the purposes of subsequent participation in the Contest;
- To choose whether or not to agree to receive email and other commercial electronic messages about the latest news, promotions, special offers and other information from Costco, regarding Costco, its affiliates and selected partners (note: you can unsubscribe at any time); and,
- To confirm that you have read and agree to the Contest Rules.
Upon submission of a valid Contest Registration, you will automatically receive one (1) Contest Entry.
- To provide your personal information, including your:
In addition to the one (1) entry you receive upon Contest Registration, you can receive up to a maximum of 20 Entries by doing any of the following:
How to obtain more Entries Number of Entries Available Description 1 Opt-in to receive emails from Costco 5 Entries
At the time of Contest Registration, opt-in to receive email and other commercial electronic messages about the latest news, promotions, special offers and other information from Costco, regarding Costco, its affiliates and selected partners.
(You may unsubscribe at any time and this will not affect your Contest eligibility or number of Entries received).
2 Enter a Costco Warehouse Handout PIN 10 Entries
Starting May 6, 2019 until May 12, 2019, while supplies last, if you visit a Costco warehouse in Canada, you will be given a handout with a unique PIN to enter on the Contest Website. Only one (1) PIN can be entered during the Contest Period.
If you did not receive a PIN from your local Costco warehouse, you can:
Visit https://www.winadreamvacation.ca/npn between May 6, 2019 and June 27, 2019 (the “NPN PIN Request Period”) to complete an online No Purchase Necessary PIN Code request (each a “NPN PIN Request”) which will require you to: (i) provide your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, complete mailing address (including postal code), and the details of your request. Once your NPN PIN Request is submitted, you will receive an email notification (“Email Notification”) that includes one (1) PIN Code, subject to your compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). Your NPN PIN Request must be submitted and received during the NPN PIN Request Period to be eligible. The Contest Administrator takes no responsibility for any technical issues with NPN PIN Requests. The Contest Administrator takes no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed NPN PIN Requests. PIN Codes must be used in accordance with these Rules prior to the end of the Contest Period. Limit of one (1) PIN Code.
Please allow sufficient time (up to 72 hours) before the end of the Contest Period to allow the Contest Administrator to verify the legitimacy and compliance of your PIN Request. All PIN re-quests must be received no later than June 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m., ET. No purchase necessary.
3 Click on the Costco App Banner 5 Entries
On the Contest Website, click “Check out our Mobile App” to earn five (5) Entries. You will be directed to an external site where you can obtain more information on Costco’s mobile App. Please note that you are not required to download the Costco mobile App in order to earn 5 Entries
There is a limit of 21 Entries per Entrant during the Contest Period.
Contest Registrations will only be accepted online and no acknowledgement of receipt will be sent. All Contest Registrations must be submitted from a valid email account. In the event of a dispute as to any Contest Registrations, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to contact Entrants and all other individuals whose email addresses are submitted as part of this Contest.
Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that Entrant’s Entries into the Contest and the Entrant will be disqualified. Disposable email addresses cannot be used for Contest Registration. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entry into this Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest Rules.
If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) use multiple names, identities, accounts, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; (ii) falsely enter a PIN without obtaining a PIN in accordance with the Contest Rules; (iii) re-enter a PIN a subsequent time after its first use; and/or (iv) enter a PIN that has been falsified, manipulated or otherwise altered in any way (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to exceed any of the limits specified in the Contest Rules, then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Your Contest Registration may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) it is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with the Contest Rules during the Contest Period.
There are two (2) prizes available to be won in this Contest (each, a “Prize”). Each Prize is a credit of up to CAD $10,000 awarded to the Prize Winner (defined below) for use towards the “Package Price” provided at the time of booking either a Vacation Package or Cruise (a Vacation Package or Cruise is hereinafter the “Dream Vacation”) offered through Costco Travel (www.costcotravel.ca). To assist the Prize Winner in booking the Dream Vacation, a Costco Travel Expert will contact each Prize Winner within 10 business days of being declared a Prize Winner. The Dream Vacation must be booked by December 31, 2019 and travel must be completed by December 31, 2020.
The approximate retail value of each Prize is CAD $10,000. The total approximate value of the two (2) Prizes available to be won is CAD $20,000. Limit of one (1) Prize per eligible Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize for another Prize of equal or greater value should the Prize be unavailable for any reason. Any Prize represented in promotional materials is for illustration purposes only and may not be the exact item(s) offered as a Prize.
The above Prize descriptions constitute the expected Prize details and all aspects thereof are subject to availability and subject to change. Some restrictions may apply.
Prize Conditions & Delivery:
Each Prize Winner will be personally contacted by a Costco Travel Expert within ten (10) business days of being declared a Prize Winner. The Costco Travel Expert will assist the Prize Winner in booking the Dream Vacation. EXCEPT AS SET OUT BELOW, THE CREDIT OF UP TO CAD $10,000 APPLIES ONLY TOWARDS THE “PACKAGE PRICE” PROVIDED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING THE DREAM VACATION.
- Costco Travel’s General Terms and Conditions (https://www.costcotravel.ca/Info/Terms-And-Conditions);
- Costco Website Terms and Conditions of Use, October 23, 2018 (https://www.costco.ca/terms-and-conditions-of-use.html); and,
EXCLUSIONS MAY APPLY DEPENDING ON THE DREAM VACATION SELECTED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING.
The Prize Winner and his/her guest(s) must travel together on the same itinerary from the same departure airport as approved by Costco.
The Prize Winner and his/her guest(s) must be in possession of a valid Passport. As set out in Costco Travel’s General Terms and Conditions, which are applicable to the Prize Winner(s):
- PROOF OF IDENTITY – Passports are required for international travel. You will not be permitted to depart without necessary documentation. There may be additional requirements for international travel, such as vaccinations or visas, and some countries require that passports be valid for six months or longer beyond your stay in the country. Passport and entry requirements are subject to change at any time without notice. For the most current information on passport and entry requirements, please visit the Government of Canada official website at http://travel.gc.ca. Special travel documents are required for children traveling with or without their parents. If you are traveling with children, please check with the airline or cruise line prior to departure. If you are not a Canadian citizen, you must contact the consulate of the country you are visiting.
Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation, including Passport(s), will result in forfeiture of the Prize.
EXCEPT AS SET OUT BELOW, THE CREDIT OF UP TO CAD $10,000 APPLIES ONLY TOWARDS THE “PACKAGE PRICE” PROVIDED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING THE DREAM VACATION.
The Prize Winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for all incidental costs and expenses not explicitly included in the Dream Vacation at the time of booking, including but not limited to, travel insurance, medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, transportation, service fees, taxes, costs associated with obtaining travel documents, visas or necessary vaccinations, meals, gratuities, shore excursions, baggage fees, internet fees and any other costs and expenses associated with the Dream Vacation (collectively, the “Expenses”). The Prize Winner and his/her guest(s) shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the Contest Parties.
As set out in Costco Travel’s General Terms and Conditions, which are applicable to the Prize Winner(s):
- PRICES– Unless indicated, prices do not include airfare, gratuities, gasoline, optional insurance, underage/additional driver charges, upgrades, car rental drop charges, infant child seats, meals, telephone calls, some resort service fees, any personal or incidental items, departure taxes, or any other features not listed except where otherwise noted. Additionally, cruise prices do not include transfers, administrative fees, taxes, and gratuities. For Quebec residents only, prices do include the contribution to the Fonds d’indemnisation des clients des agents de voyages of $1 per $1000 of travel services purchased.
Any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes.
Any portion of the Prize that is unused at the time of booking (up to a maximum of CAD $2,000.00) will be made available to the Prize Winner on a Costco Cash Card two to four weeks after the Prize Winner has returned from the Dream Vacation.
|By way of examples and in accordance with the Contest Rules, if the Prize Winner’s uses her/his Prize to book (with the assistance of the Costco Travel Expert) a 7-day vacation package for a family of four to Florida with a total package price at the time of booking of:|
|Total Vacation Package Price|
|CAD $5,022.88||The Prize Winner would receive a Costco Cash Card valued at CAD $2,000.00 (i.e. maximum amount available), two to four weeks after the Prize Winner has returned from the Dream Vacation. The additional unused credit of CAD $2,977.12 shall be forfeited by the Prize Winner.|
|CAD $8,908.31||The Prize Winner would receive a Costco Cash Card valued at CAD $1,091.69, two to four weeks after the Prize Winner has returned from the Dream Vacation.|
|CAD $11,126.47||The Prize Winner would apply the Prize (CAD $10,000.00 credit towards the vacation package) and would be required to pay the difference of CAD $1,126.47 for the vacation package. There would be no entitlement to a Costco Cash Card as there would be no unused portion of the Prize.|
Where a Prize Winner is to receive a Costco Cash Card two to four weeks after the Prize Winner has returned from the Dream Vacation, the Costco Cash Card may be used by the Prize Winner toward merchandise or gas at any Costco warehouse throughout the United States and Canada, or toward online purchases at Costco.ca. Neither CWC-Gift Card Co. nor any of its affiliates are responsible for use of the Costco Cash Card without the Prize Winner’s permission. Costco Cash Cards are not redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Costco Cash Cards may be applied toward payment of vacation packages to the Caribbean, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Europe, Florida, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Mexico and Tahiti. Costco Cash Cards may not be applied toward payment of cruises, car rentals, guided vacations or any other vacation products.
Prize redemption shall not count towards a 2% Reward for Executive Costco Members.
The Prize Winner and his/her guest(s) must comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to, all local laws while on their Dream Vacation.
The Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions.
Odds of Winning:
Odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules during the Contest Period.
Selection of Winner:
On July 10, 2019, in Ottawa, Canada at approximately 11:30 a.m. ET (the “Draw Date”), two (2) eligible Entrants will be selected by random draw from among all of the eligible entries received in accordance with the Contest Rules during the Contest Period.
The Sponsor or its designated representative will make three (3) attempts to contact each selected Entrant by telephone or email within five (5) business days of the Draw Date (“Prize Notification”). If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or ten (10) business days of the applicable Draw Date (whichever occurs first), or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then that selected Entrant will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries for the Contest Period.
Prior to being declared the “Prize Winner”, each selected Entrant, within fourteen (14) consecutive days from the date of Prize Notification, will be required to: (i) correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question (without electronic, mechanical or other assistance) administered by phone or email at a prearranged mutually convenient time; and (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Release form to the Sponsor. In the Release form, the selected Entrant will be required to, among other things:
- confirm eligibility for the Contest and compliance with the Contest Rules;
- agree to accept the Prize as offered;
- release the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the selected Entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof (including without limitation, costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom); and,
- grant to Sponsor the unrestricted right and permission to use and/or publish, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Entrant’s name, voice, city/province/territory of residence, photograph, picture, portrait, likeness and/or statements for advertising and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format and/or any activities defined by Sponsor, now or hereafter without further compensation, permission, limitation or notification.
The selected Entrant will forfeit the applicable Prize if any of the following circumstances occur:
- the Sponsor is unable to contact the selected Entrant using the steps described above;
- the Release is not returned within fourteen (14) consecutive days or is returned unsigned and/or modified;
- the skill-testing question is incorrectly answered;
- the Release and the answer to the skill-testing question are not received by Sponsor within the fourteen (14) consecutive day time limit; or,
- the selected Entrant is not an eligible Entrant under the Contest Rules.
In the event an Entrant has forfeited a Prize, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries for the Contest Period, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Prizes will be forfeited if they cannot be awarded in accordance with the Contest Rules.
Sponsor is not responsible for the failure, for any reason, of a selected Entrant to receive notification or for Sponsor’s failure to receive the corresponding response of a selected Entrant.
By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and agree that:
- they have read and understand the Contest Rules;
- any decision of the Sponsor or its agents, including the Contest Administrator, regarding the awarding of Prizes is binding on them;
- where applicable, they will accept a Prize in the form in which it is awarded to them;
- acceptance of a Prize is subject to the terms outlined in these Contest Rules;
- the Sponsor shall have the unrestricted right and permission to use and/or publish, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Entrant’s name, voice, city/province/territory of residence, photograph, picture, portrait, likeness and/or statements for advertising and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format and/or any activities defined by Sponsor, now or hereafter without further compensation, permission, limitation or notification;
- the Contest Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or death to entrant or any other person, including, without limitation, damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in this Contest; and,
- Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.
Limitation of Liability:
All Entries/Prize claims become the property of the Sponsor. The Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Contest-related information, including, without limitation, Registrations, PIN, NPN PIN Requests and/or Entries (all of which are void). The Released Parties are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; technical or mechanical malfunctions; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines, or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors in these Contest Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, hardware or software, whether caused by equipment, programming used in this Contest, human processing error or otherwise.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry, and (subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec) to modify, terminate, or suspend all or any portion of this Contest (or amend these Contest Rules) at any time for any reason without prior notice should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of entrant(s), or other cause corrupt or impair the administration, security or fairness= of the Contest, and, if the Contest is modified, terminated, or suspended, select at random Entrants and/or Prize Winners from those eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such modification, termination, or suspension. The Sponsor, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Contest Rules without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind.
Subject only to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux with respect to legal residents of Quebec, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Contest Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Contest Rules.
Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operations of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
By Participating in the Contest, each Entrant hereby releases and agrees to hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to Entrant or any other person, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury (whether due to negligence or otherwise), damage to, loss or destruction of personal or real property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, use or misuse of the Prize or portion thereof.
As set out in the Costco Travel Terms & Conditions, which are applicable to the Prize Winner(s):
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY – […] Costco Canada Travel does not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaims liability for, any inaccuracies, including (but not limited to) the price, information and description of the products and services described herein. The services provided herein are furnished by independent contractors who are not employees of, or joint ventures with, Costco Canada Travel. Costco Canada Travel is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any supplier or any personal injuries, death, property damage or other damages or expenses resulting from causes outside of Costco Canada Travel's control. Costco Canada Travel shall not be responsible for travel delays or cancellations or for any illness, death, injury, damage or loss of vacation time arising therefrom. Costco Canada Travel shall not be liable for any injuries, damages or losses caused to any traveler in connection with or by supplier employees or contractors, terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the control of Costco Canada Travel. By participating in any Sightseeing Tours, such participant confirms that they, and any minor children for whom they are responsible, are physically and mentally capable of such participation and that they have no medical or health conditions that would make such participation inappropriate. Such participants ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY for all damage, loss or injury to themselves and any such minor child and also ASSUME THE RISKS of all personal injury, accident or illness to themselves and any such minor child. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to the negligence of others, shall Costco Canada Travel be liable for any injury or damage to such participants or minor children. Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, inoculations or other entry requirements of each destination, as well as reentry into Canada, and all safety or security conditions at such destinations, in connection with the proposed travel. For information concerning possible dangers at international destinations, consult the Country Travel advice & advisories Section of the Government of Canada website at http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories.
Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning the Prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim the Prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim the Prize.
By entering the Contest, an Entrant agrees:
- to the collection, use and disclosure by the Sponsor and/or the Contest Administrator of the Entrant’s personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest and, if applicable, awarding one of the Prizes, including but not limited to, releasing the name of the Prize Winner(s) to those who request such information in accordance with the section entitled “Name of Prize Winner” below;
- that personal information collected by the Sponsor in connection with the Contest may be disclosed to the Contest Administrator to the extent necessary to fulfill the Prizes, and vice versa; and
- to Sponsor’s unrestricted right and permission to use and/or publish, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Prize Winner/Winners’ name, voice, city/province/territory of residence, photograph, picture, portrait, likeness and/or statements for advertising and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format and/or any activities defined by Sponsor, now or hereafter without further compensation, permission, limitation or notification.
Opt-in to Costco communications
At the time an Entrant submits the Contest Registration, the Entrant may choose to agree to receive email and other commercial electronic messages about the latest news, promotions, special offers and other information from Costco, regarding Costco, its affiliates and selected partners. Should this occur, the Entrant may unsubscribe or withdraw consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of Costco’s email communications.
Any privacy inquiries can be sent to Costco’s Privacy Officer, Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd., 415 West Hunt Club Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K2E 1C5.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as among one or more Entrants and the Contest Parties in connect with the Contest shall be governed by and construed according to the federal and provincial laws in effect in Ontario, without regard to conflicts of laws principles.
Entrants and Contest Parties agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Contest Rules shall be filed and adjudicated only in the federal or provincial courts located in Ontario (Judicial District of Ottawa), and irrevocably and unconditionally consent and attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Contest Rules or relating to the Contest.
Name of Prize Winners:
The name(s) of Prize Winners may be identified on Costco Canada’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CostcoCanada, subject to the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
For Quebec Residents:
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
All intellectual property used by the Sponsor and/or the Contest Administrator in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: French version of these Contest Rules and/or point of sale advertising; the terms and conditions of these English Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
For Quebec Residents:
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Costco Travel has a license in Quebec [Quebec Licensee 703180], and a TICO licence . In Ontario, offices are located at 415 West Hunt Club Road, Ottawa, ON K2E 1C5.
®: Registered trademark of Price Costco International, Inc. used under licence.
© 2019 Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. All rights reserved.